March 21marks an important anniversary. My blog is officially 2 years old!! I thought I would do a quick recapping of some of my personal favourite posts over the last couple years. I started this blog as a way to initiate conversations with others and I am pleased to say that many of these posts are my favourites because of your participation in the comments section. Thank you for participating! I also appreciate those of you that have enjoyed reading without commenting. Page views make me happy. Thank you!
So here it is Wayne’s top 5 favourite blog posts:
5. “Afghanistan’s law’s and Canada’s Dilemma” – The Many Faces of Wayne was not always so arts focused and with this post I addressed a very serious human rights issue. I wasn’t sure how the blogging world would respond to this one, but as usual you didn’t disappoint me.
4. “Playing With Death” – I enjoyed writing this light hearted post about my encounter with a mythical figure during the B.C. scene festival.
3. “Don’t Talkback to Me”- Sometimes I get myself into trouble. A while back, there was an international discussion on twitter about how to “Fix theatre.” Someone responded that every performance should have a talkback session following it. I am not a fan of these, so I replied: “I hope not. I hate talkback sessions.” When I returned to the discussion later in the day, I was surprised at how many people I had provoked with this statement. I decided to write this blog post to explain myself, which also turned out to be more controversial than I was expecting. Check it out. It’s worth noting that this post was later briefly paraphrased in a London theatre mag. as part of a larger discussion on blogging and theatre.
2. “Notes to a Younger Wayne”- What would you tell yourself if you could travel back in time? This is what I would tell a younger Wayne. This one includes some photos of a younger me.
1. “Everyone in the Audience is a Reviewer” – This is a classic. Give it a read.
I hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane. Happy birthday blog!